“To foster and encourage research on pain mechanisms and pain syndromes and to help improve the management of patients with acute and chronic pain by bringing together the basic scientists and health professionals of various disciplines and backgrounds who have an interest in pain research and management.”
Membership term is from January 1 - December 31 each year.
*New members receive a pro-rated rated depending on the day they join.
Regular Member: $225.00 + 13% HST = $254.25
Health care professionals, scientists and any other persons interested in the objectives of the Society are eligible for Regular Membership status of the Canadian Pain Society.
Trainee Member: $60.00 + 13% HST = $67.80
Students, residents or interns at the pre-doctoral, doctoral or pre-professional level of their careers will be classified as Trainee Members.
Please note: Once a trainee membership is purchased, trainees must send proof of their status at an academic institution to firstname.lastname@example.org This document must show the current calendar year, the applicant's name, the program of enrollment and the institution name. Examples include: Transcript, letter from department, or class schedule etc. Your account will remain locked until the CPS office receives this documentation.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Access to the CPS eNews, published 4 times a year
- Reduced open access page charges for submitted papers to the new CPS Journal
- Reduced registration fees for the Annual Scientific Meeting
- Access to the Society’s program of grants and awards
- Access to other members of the Canadian Pain Society through the Members-only section of the website
- Option to join CPS Special Interest Groups (SIGs): Education; Interventional Pain; Neuropathic Pain; Nursing Issues
Be recognized as a member of a distinguished and dynamic Canadian organization which includes world-class scientists and clinicians on the cutting edge of pain research and treatment!